Saturday, June 9, 2012

My inner strength..

I wrote this 5 years ago right after I graduated from high school. I found it and decided to post it because I think it is something I need to read in order to remind myself how I strong I really am. I feel like God inspired me to write this so that I could look back at it now. I don't remember writing this but it is good advice for this point in my life.

I have become a stronger person because of the pain that I have endured during my life. It has helped me to grow as a person. I know I definitely wouldn’t be the person I am now if I hadn’t been through the experiences that I have been through. We all have to have bad things happen in our lives, so that we are able to appreciate the good things. Lately, I’ve realized that there are so many good things in my life. I am healthy, I have family and friends that care about me, I have a decent job, and I am in college; just to name a few. I have learned how to become a happier person. All I had to do was change my outlook on life. I believe a lot of my problems were all in my head, and sometimes I think I made too much out of things. It was really hard for me to pull myself out of the hole that I kept digging deeper, but when I finally did.. it made me feel powerful. I will never forget that feeling because it’s going to help me get through whatever sorrows that may come my way in the future.

Life is hard. There is no question about that. Life needs to be hard, so that we can learn from our experiences. I am very grateful that I was able to move forward with my life, and I am also very thankful for all the caring people that I have in my life. I think that all the people around me grew stronger as well. My friends have seen a change in my attitude, and I think they have changed too. Emotions can be contagious. If you are around people that are always sad, then you are most likely to be sad too. Likewise, if you are around happy people all the time, then you are more likely to be happy. I think because I have gained a more positive attitude my family and friends are also more positive about life. I always tell people that nothing is impossible if you work as hard as you can to achieve what you want.

There were so many times when I wanted to give up. It was so hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, but I forced myself to. There were so many times when life got to be so overwhelming, and I just wanted to break down. A few times I did break down, but it just made me feel worse. Giving up on trying made me feel like a failure. No matter how much pain you are in, or how much you think there is no hope; you should never give up. In the end it will made you feel worse.

I am so happy that I was able to move on. I am going to use my past to help me direct my life in the right direction. I have learned many life lessons that I want to share with others. I also want to show other people that you can overcome whatever life throws at you if you really put your mind to it. You have to remember that people are there that are willing to help. I always rejected the help. That was the worst thing that I could have done. I was too ashamed to admit that I needed help. Someone finally convinced me that maybe I should give help a try. It was the very thing I needed to overcome my problems. Talking about things made me feel so much better. I wish I would have realized it sooner because I wasted some years of my life; however, all I can do now is keep moving forward. I intend to never forget my past because my past is going to help me in the future. It feels so good to say that I love my life. I say it to myself everyday because I am so happy to be alive. Pain is a part of life, but so is happiness. There is no point in living if you only live for the pain. Life isn’t as bad as you may think it is, so just get out there and live your life.

Thank you Lord, for guiding me to this. Please help me feel this way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment